How Do I Change the Name on My Account?
You may change your name on your Homestead Funds account(s) by completing and submitting the Account Services Form. This form will need to be signed in Section 8 with the updated name and you must submit either a copy of a driver’s license issued under your new name or a copy of the legal document with your name change. The completed Account Services Form can be mailed or faxed using the information on the form.
How Do I Change the Address on My Account?
There are a few ways you can change the mailing address on your Homestead Funds account:
Log in to your account. Click the “Account Profile” link and then click “Edit.” Input your new mailing address and click “Submit” to save the changes.
Call a Homestead Funds representative at 800.258.3030 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET on any business day. After verifying your identity, a representative will be able to confirm the address change with you over the phone.
Complete and submit the Account Services Form. This form will need to be signed in Section 8 exactly as your account is registered. The completed form can be mailed or faxed using the information on the form or contact us.
As a security precaution, upon changing your address, a hold will be placed on your account for the next 30 days for redemptions by check. During that period, proceeds from any redemptions will not be released to your new address via check without a letter signed by all account owners, bearing a Medallion Signature Guarantee. Redemptions processed to an existing bank account will not be affected by your address change. If you have any questions, please contact a Customer Service Representative for assistance from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET on any business day at 800.258.3030.
How Do I Remove a Deceased Shareowner from a Joint Account?
The following paperwork is required to remove a deceased shareowner from a regular joint account:
- A completed Individual or Joint Account Application. This form will need to be signed by the surviving shareowner in Section 12 exactly as the account is to be registered.
- A Medallion Signature Guarantee Letter of Instruction detailing your request. You may use our Transaction Request Form to write your request.
- Mail to the address on the form or contact us.
How Do I Remove a Custodian from a Minor Account?
When a minor reaches the age of majority in their state of residence, the custodian on a Uniform Gift/Transfer to Minor Account (UGMA/UTMA) must be removed and the assets must be transferred to a new account in the name of the former minor. Homestead Funds may restrict fund exchanges and account distributions when the former minor reaches the age of custodial termination. The following is required to remove a custodian and transfer assets from an UGMA/UTMA account:
- A completed Individual or Joint Account Application. The application should be completed by the former minor and signed in Section 12 exactly as the account is to be registered.
- A UGMA/UTMA Custodian Removal Form. The form may be signed by either the account custodian or the former minor.
- Mail to the address on the form.
Minor IRA Accounts:
- A completed IRA Account Application. The application should be completed by the former minor and signed exactly as the account is to be registered.
- A Letter of Instruction detailing your request. You may use our Transaction Request Form to write your request. The Transaction Request Form may be signed by either the responsible individual or the former minor.
- Mail to the address on the form.
How Do I Add a Power of Attorney to an Account?
You may add a Power of Attorney to your Homestead Funds account by submitting current Power of Attorney (POA) documents along with a letter of instruction requesting that a POA be added to your account. You may use our Transaction Request Form when writing the letter, and you should specify which accounts should have the POA added or whether the POA should be added to all eligible accounts in your name.
- With this option, the Power of Attorney has the same control over the account as the shareholder, and his or her name will appear in the account registration.
- The Power of Attorney will have access to account information and account transactions per the current account settings. This may include the ability to conduct telephone transactions if the shareholder currently has permissions established on the account.
- The Power of Attorney will remain on the account unless removed by the shareholder. The shareholder may remove the Power of Attorney by submitting a letter of instruction.
Mail to the address on the form or contact us.
How Do I Add or Update Bank Information?
You may add or update banking information for your Homestead Funds account in two ways. Please be aware that you are not able to redeem to a new bank account for 15 days.
Log in to your account. Click on the “Bank Information” tab and follow the steps to add your bank account. If you bank does not participate in Instant Verify, please use the “By Mail” instructions below.
Complete and submit the Account Services Form. This form can be mailed or faxed using the information on the form.