Deferred Compensation – Teams

Co-op Account Management

We use NRECA for deferred compensation consulting services. Who should do I speak with for an account question?

Homestead Funds is a separate entity from NRECA and supports the cooperative differently.

NRECA’s Deferred Compensation Team is your first stop for plan questions, such as:

  • who is eligible to contribute to a deferred compensation account?
  • what is the contribution limit this year?
  • does a participant need to take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from the account?

Homestead Funds can answer account questions, such as:

  • how can a participant make investment allocation changes?
  • we contributed too much money to the account and need to remove money, how do we do that?
  • how do we take a distribution from an account?

 The NRECA Deferred Compensation Team can be reached at 703-907-6375 or by email at You can reach a Homestead Funds representative at 800-258-3030, option 3.