Founded in 1990 with just two investment options, the fund company has expanded and now offers eight funds, providing for broad diversification by asset class.
- No-load funds—100 percent of the money you invest goes to work for you. No sales charges.
- Low cost: According to Morningstar, fund expense ratios are in line with or below their peer group averages.
- Publicly traded: You don’t have to be affiliated with NRECA or a member co-op to invest. Friends and family are welcome.
Cooperative Benefit Plans
Homestead Funds’ client services associates are here to assist you in managing any of the employer-owned accounts your organization has invested in Homestead Funds, including FAS-106 Trust, deferred compensation and corporate accounts.
- FAS-106 Trust Accounts: Establish an account to cover future retiree medical costs.
- Deferred Compensation Plan Accounts: Use Homestead Funds as the funding vehicles for these plans. Designed to help members attract, retain and compensate directors, CEOs and key employees.
Setting up a corporate account with Homestead Funds is an easy way for cooperatives to invest unclaimed capital credits, endow scholarship programs and manage cash flows. Instructions to open a new account with Homestead Funds are on this website. Or give us a call at 800.258.3030.
Find more information about co-op benefit plan administration on these website pages.