Main Street, Not Wall Street
Homestead Funds was created in 1990 to give National Rural Electric Cooperative Association members a convenient way to obtain professional and affordable money management.
Prudence, discipline and an unwavering commitment to our clients are the cornerstones of our investment approach, and are applied to our portfolios every business day by our team of professional managers. Yet, with so many other investment choices available, why should you consider investing with Homestead?
- We put investors first.We’re large enough for Forbes to notice us, yet small enough to remember our roots. Grounded in the great American rural cooperative tradition through NRECA, we’re steeped in the shared values that are characteristic of cooperative enterprises. Served by an active and involved board of directors whose primary obligation is to the shareholders, Homestead is and has been committed to transparency, full disclosure and plain dealing.
- We make investing easier.Think of us as your personal portfolio construction kit. If you are looking for a simple and direct approach to constructing a well-rounded investment program, consider allocating your money across two or more funds in our family. As your needs change over time, you can exchange shares between the funds and pay no transaction or redemption fees.
- Our performance speaks for itself.In identifying investment candidates, our managers balance the potential for return against what they deem to be an acceptable degree of risk. With this prudent approach, our funds have generated long-term track records worth examining.
- You will like our service.Our representatives are trained not only to answer your questions but also to not rush you off the phone. Each member of our team looks forward to giving you a hand. Just call 800.258.3030 any weekday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET. You can also get fund and account information and make transactions through this website.
- We’re affordable.You can get started for only $500, or $200 for an IRA or Education Savings Account (ESA). Additionally, you pay no commissions when you buy, sell or exchange shares directly from Homestead Funds. You pay only your proportionate share of fund expenses to cover the cost of needed fund services, including investment management and record keeping.